Do you have experience in language teaching? Are you a student looking for a job as a private teacher (English, German, Spanish, etc) in Paris or in other French cities? By getting a contract as a home teacher for Mômji, you will also join an international community. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with our 3 000 international teachers and bilingual nannies, give each other good tips for example, and most important, take part in our events with internationals!
Your teaching job in France with Mômji
Our HR team will help you find the English teaching job in Paris that's right for you.
- The offer: teach languages to children, teenagers, or adults through private lessons. Exchanges, games, and dialogues are key elements in teaching, so that the language is being taught by IMMERSION, without even using French!
- Classes at your student's home or workplace (Daytime, evening, or 2 hours in the afternoon,week-ends, summer vacations... depending on your availability)
- As a private tutor, help your students to reach their goal : accompany them to integrate to access universities or private schools , help children to enrich their vocabulary and grammar, guide adults to professionalize themselves ... every student is a new challenge !
- We are looking for teachers in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese ... Whatever language you are fluent in. We’ve got requests in all languages! Apply here.
- We have English speaking jobs in every major city in France : Toulouse, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Lille, Montpellier, Rennes ...
Choose to be a teacher with Mômji!
- Our teaching positions and contract adapt perfectly to your schedule
- Near you: you choose the offers that interest you
- Enjoy all the benefits of the Mômji community: take part in our events (parties with internationals (others english teachers and Mômji nannies), and our French language courses offered in our Paris office.
- Benefit from our partner discounts (accommodation, bank, mutual, language courses, cinema, travel)
- Free French classes in Paris
- Your salary is from €13 to €20 per hour
- Access to many job opportunities (internally within the Mômji headquarters), and advices for your new parisian life !
- A regular income : depending on your contract, you will work from 5 to 40 hours a week !
THE MÔMJI VISION
Mômji is a company created in 2009 by 2 young founders: Antoine Gentil & Julien Viaud. With their respective experiences abroad (USA, Canada), the 2 young entrepreneurs realized that the best way to learn a language is to immerse oneself in it from a very young age (by being in contact with natives whose mother tongue is the one you want to learn). From this idea: Mômji's concept was born.
Our goal is to allow everyone (children, adults, teenagers) to enjoy language immersion and open up to the world without having to travel abroad!
To make our classes an enriching experience for our teachers as for our students, we want to highlight our teachers' cultures, languages and personalities to enrich the class.
To embody this philosophy, we encourage you to create a living environment to teach languages : use debates, video supports, living everyday situation, share your passions!
Identifying your students' weaknesses and working on their pronunciation, vocabulary or simply helping them gain confidence is a rewarding mission!
CRITERIA to get an English teaching job in France
- To be over 18 years of age
- Be native or perfectly bilingual speaker
- Have (formal or informal) experience in foreign language teaching
- No specific diploma required / Proficiency in French is not compulsory.
- A dynamic personality, and pedagogical skills!
- We recruit all kind of profiles : candidates from around the world are welcome, as long as they are able to speak and transmit foreign languages!
- Work with us at least 3 months
HOW TO APPLY TO FIND A TEACHING POSITION IN PARIS OR IN FRENCH MAJOR CITIES
Nothing's easier! To start the process and get a bilingual job in Paris, just fill out our application form. You do not need to have a French resume, or any professionnal experience.
We welcome all kind of profiles and personalities : you can be a student traveling in France on an exchange program like Erasmus, a curious traveler, or even a local retiree ... we firmly believe that all backgrounds, qualifications and profiles can enrich the childcare experience!
Once the form is completed, you will see ALL our bilingual job offers on your personal space: at-home language teachers, school teachers, and childcare jobs in foreign languages.
We advise you to select all the offers that interest you, this will speed up your recruitment and you will be contacted by our HR team.
If your profile meets our selection criteria, our recruitment experts will contact you for a first telephone interview, followed by an interview in our office!
The entire Mômji team is looking forward to welcoming you 😊
Frequently asked questions
Can I teach English in France without a degree?
Yes! A degree in the chosen language, or a TEFL certification, are not required to work with us. Your language level will be evaluated during your job interview with our team.
What is the process to become an English teacher in France?
First, you need to apply through our online form.
Then, our recrutment team wil schedule an appointment call for your first interview, to evaluate your level in the chosen language.
If we want to go further, we will meet face to face in our office. Whether you want to be a teacher or a babysitter, you can read this article to learn more about what is happening during the second job interview.
What documents do I need to teach English in France?
To save time with this kind of formalities, on the day of the interview, remember to bring:
- Your bank details,
- Your criminal record extract,
- Your Life Insurance Card (Carte Vitale).
If you are not from a Member State of the European Union, you must:
• Stay in France on a regular basis and provide documents attesting to the regularity of your situation;
• Fill out a file including a copy of your resident's card and / or a residence certificate, a temporary work permit and a temporary residence permit.
Once complete, the documents must be sent to the health insurance fund closest to your place of residence.
A Working Holiday Visa allows you to pick up part-time jobs whilst abroad. Available across the world between 18 countries including France, this type of working visa visa is a great asset to make use of.
You are still hesitating to join us as a nanny or a teacher and be part of our international community? Chris, one of our Momji ambassador, has embarked in this adventure with us and tells you all about it! Discover his personal experience as a Londonian student teaching English in Paris and working with Mômji.
5 reasons to teach English in Paris
Find below the testimony of Toby Bryant (UK), who worked with Mômji as an English teacher in the French capital.
#1 Meet a French family
Mômji offered me a great way to experience what Parisian life is like for French families. Just by speaking English, there were families who wanted to welcome me into their lives. Through teaching English, I learnt how family relations work, what activities they like to do and the little traditions that made their daily lives (culinary or social).
#2 Give the gift of language
It is not just a cliché – you really do feel like you are opening opportunities for kids.
#3 Meet an international community
The company employs thousands of foreign-language speakers across the country and as an employee, there are plenty of chances to socialize and make new friends. They can be students or workers from different countries all over the world. We're all citizens of the world after all!
#4 It helps you to live in Paris
Having a source of income can help fund your social activities whilst any other loans or funds can cover living expenses.
#5 You learn new skills
I have definitely improved my communication: making yourself understood by a French-speaking child can be challenging at first. Elsewhere, I became a more dedicated individual having persisted when the student was struggling.
Do not hesitate to check our other job pages: Jobs in France for Brits, Jobs in France for Australians, Jobs in France for Filipinos
If you're looking for other jobs : Childcare jobs in France, Retiree jobs, Au pair France, Translation Jobs in France, Museum Jobs in France, Call center jobs in France, Hotel jobs for English speakers, Restaurant jobs in France
If you speak other languages than English, take a look at our Chinese-speaking jobs in France
Why choose us?
- A job near you
- A regular income
- Flexible hours
- A secure contract
- Pedagogical support
- Win 100€ for each referral